Monday, May 30, 2011

sharing Jesus

Four years ago, I joined the Catholic church. Since I began going to Mass with Andrew, one of the things that drew me most to this place was the real presence of Christ in the Eucharist. As Catholics, we believe that communion is more than a symbol. Each week, Jesus allows us to partake in His very Body and Blood. It is no longer a wafer and wine, it is our crucified and risen Lord. At Mass, we are nourished by this holy meal.

While pregnant, the Eucharist is even more miraculous. At around 10 weeks, the placenta is fully formed and begins sharing all the food the mom eats with the baby. So each time I receive the Body of Christ, the very substance is shared with our little ones. In a tangible way, I get to share Jesus with our son and daughter. What a unique privilege! I am incredibly thankful for the opportunity to carry these two little miracles, and am humbled to get this opportunity each week to introduce them to our Lord.

1 comment:

  1. Jessica! This made me cry. I love this whole concept,that you are already sharing Jesus with your sweet babies. Reminds me of a story someone told me about my mom when she was pregnant with me. She was at church with one hand on her belly and the other in the air singing, "Bless the Lord, Oh my soul, and all that is within me bless His holy name." Pretty incredible concept. Love you and praying daily for the little ones.

    ReplyDelete