Monday, May 9, 2011

half-way

Tomorrow we will hit 19 weeks...half-way to the magic 38 week mark where we would likely be induced! It's crazy to think that this pregnancy, which we worked towards for so long, is now half over. I am beyond thankful to have made it to this point. I have two miracles thriving in my belly...sometimes I am overwhelmed by how good God's plan for us is.

We had our big anatomy scan this morning, and to say I was nervous would be an understatement. I was an absolute wreck! I felt like I did with those first few ultrasounds, just knowing that something was going to go wrong. Thankfully, though, the twins looked great. The sonographer immediately confirmed that Baby A is a boy and Baby B is a girl--time to start decorating! She then went over each baby with a fine toothed comb, looking at everything from brain lobes to heart chambers to fingers and toes. Everything checked out great!!! They couldn't see either babies' spine because of their positions, so we have to go again in four weeks (which I totally don't mind), but everything they could see looked perfect.

With all the good reports, I'm starting to feel like this may actually happen...that we may actually have a son and a daughter in our home this fall. Thanks be to God!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how amazing!!!!!
    Congrats.
    We just did the scan today too and I was such a wreck, I didn't sleep at all last night, but I am finally feeling like there may not be anything too disasterous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO SO SO encouraged to hear that this went so well. What a good story to tell! Thanking God with you!
    Love you so much.

    ReplyDelete