Monday, January 2, 2012

sick mommy= sad mommy

I've been so concerned with protecting the twins this winter that I overlooked one minor detail...mommy can get sick, too. Saturday evening I came down with quite the cold, and then yesterday a stomach bug hit. Taking care of twins anytime can be difficult, but taking care of twins while sick is H-A-R-D. Luckily, Andrew is the best dad and has been super-involved with every aspect of twin-care from the beginning, so he is pulling single dad duty today. You all probably get tired of hearing this, but I am so blessed to have him as my partner in this adventure!

So yes, I feel pretty terrible right now. The worst part, though, is the self-imposed distance from my precious babies. I am aching to cuddle them in my arms and kiss their sweet heads, to make goofy faces at them and watch their smiles light up the room. I know it's for the best that I stay away...the last thing we want is for our precious preemies to get a stomach bug. But I will never be so relieved to get well and get back to my babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment