Saturday, August 24, 2013

two

Barnes & Frances,

It's hard to believe, but today you turned two.  Two whole years old.  Two years ago I saw your faces for the very first time, and life was forever changed for the better.

Over the past year, you have transformed before our eyes.  You grew from babies who could barely take a few steps to toddlers who run and jump and slide and climb.  Even more so, though, your personalities have grown in ways impossible to measure.  I can see each of you becoming more "you," and I adore watching your spirits bloom.  Watching you figure out your world, decide how you want to relate to the people and things around you, is such a treat.  I love both the similarities and differences I can already see shaping your personalities.

Barnes, you are the most precious boy.  You are absolutely adorable and oh so animated.  You make more faces in a span of five minutes than most people do in an entire day.  You like to be a little rough sometimes, especially with your dogs and your sister, but you are also extremely loving towards them.  You give the very best hugs.  Lately you've been quite attached to mom, and I'm not complaining one bit.  I cherish your cuddles.  I tell you everyday that you're the best boyfriend I've ever had.  I love your hilarious spirit.  You want to make people laugh and smile, and you have a true nurturer's heart.  You love your trains and cars and kitchen.  You come up with the funniest ideas...like standing on your head naked after bathtime.  You love to give big smiles that show all of your teeth.

Frances, you are the sweetest girl.  You grow more beautiful everyday, and I can tell already that your heart is just as pretty as your face.  You are usually a bit more reserved than your brother, but once you warm up you win everyone over.  You have no fear.  You are constantly trying things you shouldn't or sneaking away to get into trouble.  You love your puppies, and worry especially about Cooper.  You are always checking to make sure he's nearby.  When dad gets home from work each day, you are ecstatic.  You run to open the door with a gigantic smile.  You adore your daddy, and he adores you right back.  You love to play with your babies, but also love trains and cars.  You love to sing and dance with mom.  You can be so tender, yet so tough.  You are the perfect mix of spunky and sweet.

The two of you have brought such immense joy to our lives, both individually and together.  Though it's hard to believe you are already two, it's equally hard to remember life without you.  It feels like you were always supposed to be here...we all just fit.  I am eternally grateful for the gift of being your mom.

I pray that over the coming years, you will continue to develop and grow into yourselves.  I pray that you will grow to be kind, compassionate, considerate, generous souls.  I pray that you will grow in knowledge and love of our Lord, that He will be the anchor of your lives.  And I pray that I will be here to watch the beautiful journey your lives take.

I am blessed and humbled by you each day.

I love you so dearly,
Mom     

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday to your two beautiful miracle babies!!!

    ReplyDelete