In the past 26 weeks, we have found some products that we absolutely love. Some are items we expected to be useful, and some took us by surprise. Here are the top 10 Shafer family must haves:
1. O-Balls: These funny looking toys are a hands-down favorite in our home. They were the first thing B&F could grasp, and have continued to be the twins' toy of choice.
2. Soothies: Though they may not be the cutest pacifiers, soothies have magical powers. Seriously.
3. Pampers Swaddlers: We have tried other diapers, and these are the best by far. They are soft and absorbent, and seem to keep "things" under control.
4. Free Nipples from the NICU: When we left the NICU, we were sent home with a bag full of nipples. Cheap, brandless nipples. We have tried the fancy stuff, but have always come back to these. B&F love them...they are the perfect flow speed and seem to be as good as anything at keeping gas away. Thanks, NICU!
5. Ameda Hospital Grade Pump: If you ever have to exclusively pump, you must rent one of these. It looks a little scary, but trust me--it gets the job done.
6. Dishwasher: This is Andrew's addition to the list. We run a full dishwasher every night, and we are oh so thankful for this appliance. Yes, we have practically killed the one we have (it now has two bowls under it to catch drips), but it's still chugging along. I cannot imagine washing all those bottles by hand.
7. Sound Machine: When B&F first left the NICU, they slept to country music cranked up loud. Thankfully, we slowly weaned them down to just the sound machine. Now they nap at the beach and sleep in the rain. This genius little machine allows us to carry on with our normal activities without waking our little ones.
8. Onesies: B&F love to be naked. Unfortunately, taking your children out in public naked is frowned upon. We love onesies around here. B&F get to keep their legs free of clothing, yet no one calls DCS to report undressed children.
9. Video Monitor: We weren't sure whether we really needed a video monitor, but now we love it. Being able to see which twin is stirring--and more importantly, whether they are waking the other twin with their antics--is priceless.
10. Sophie the Giraffe: Y'all...this may be the most overpriced toy ever, but babies truly love it. B is especially enamored with sweet Sophie. And what's cuter than a little one chewing on a rubber giraffe leg?
Note: I am not getting paid to endorse any of these products. If you would like to pay me to endorse your product, however, I would be happy to. I am not one of those people who are "not for sell." The twins are always open to sponsorship opportunities!