Wednesday, July 25, 2012

it's here

Yesterday marked 11 months since sweet B&F were born, which means...their birthday month has begun!  In just 30 days, our tiny twins will be one!

I absolutely love birthdays.  Maybe it's because I had so many fun parties growing up, or maybe it's just the thought of having a day completely to yourself (or you and your twin in this case).  Whatever the reason, I think birthdays are a big deal.  And the first birthday is, of course, the biggest.  While I normally celebrate birthday week, this occasion seems to call for more.  More than a week.  A birthday month.

Admittedly, a big part of me is sad to be so close to this milestone.  My infants are becoming toddlers.  They are growing up and gaining more independence.  They will never again be the tiny newborns that  slept and cuddled all day.  But the newfound fun their continued development brings more than makes up for the sadness.

So here's to the next 30 days--a time for Andrew and I to celebrate, bask in, and be thankful for the blessing of our twins.

No comments:

Post a Comment