Tuesday, July 12, 2011

homestretch

We made it...we're in the third trimester! At 28 weeks, we have no more than 10 to go before we meet these little munchkins. As my doctor said yesterday, 28 weeks is a big milestone for twins. Even if born today, their long-term prognosis would be really good (not that we want to test that).

Yesterday's appointment left us with much information to absorb. On the positive side, I passed my glucose test, so no gestational diabetes, and I am not yet showing signs of pre-term labor. On the less positive side, at our last growth appointment the babies were 21% apart, which is just 1 percentage point within the normal range. If this disparity gets bigger over the next few weeks, we may have to deliver earlier than we would like. We will be keeping a close eye on their sizes and praying that baby girl catches up a bit, as I would really like to make it past the 34 week mark. Andrew and I are trying not to worry too much, as difficult as that is, since there is truly nothing we can do to direct nutrition to baby girl. Hopefully our petite little princess will be much larger by our appointment next Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. Praying for all to go well with Baby Girl. If you need someone to talk to about growth discordance, IUGR or placenta complication feel free to reach out to me. I have a success story I am happy to share. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the good stuff, that is such a milestone!!!
    Thinking of you and baby girl, I hope she starts to get bigger!

    ReplyDelete