Thursday, July 11, 2013

a new decade

Apparently my thirties are trying to set low expectations.  I officially turned 30 on Sunday, and while my twenties went out with a fabulous family trip to Chicago, my thirties haven't started with quite the same flair.  I started feeling sick on the evening of my birthday.  Then, on Monday, chaos ensued.  B&F both had a high fever, and I got a nice bath of vomit from Barnes before bed.  We're now 4 days into these fevers, and Frances was diagnosed with croup this afternoon.  I didn't even know croup existed--I thought it was just something that old people said--but apparently it is a real, diagnosable condition.  Fun.

The bad news is that it's been a long week.  The good news is my thirties have to get better from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment