Sunday, August 24, 2014

three

Barnes & Frances,

Today you turn three. Three. Oh my goodness, that sounds so strange to me. While many people call them the terrible twos, I can honestly say that this past year has been the best yet.

I love the people you are growing into. You are so fun, with huge imaginations and never ending stories to tell. Your energy constantly amazes me, and your creativity is staggering. All day long, you make up games and narratives...you go to the store, you take care of your babies and stuffed animals, you cook food for me and your "friends," you drive around town, you build houses and libraries. There's never a dull moment in our house.

Physically, you are such big kids. You run and jump and spin. You walk on balance beams and climb up slides. You ride your new tricycles and leap over our make-believe rivers. And emotionally, you've grown so much. You still have your moments, but your ability to understand and empathize is developing. I love how you worry about each other, how you comfort each other. There are few sweeter sounds than hearing one of you say, "It's okay, sissy/bb." And you are such incredible siblings to Shepherd. Although he sometimes messes up whatever you are trying to do and frustrates you a bit, you love him so very much. You help him and hug him and play with him. You make him laugh, and you try to comfort him when he's upset. He couldn't have asked for a better big brother and big sister.

Frances, my sweet little girl, I love the independence you are developing. You are becoming more and more comfortable with branching out on your own, though you still prefer to do everything with BB right by your side.You have the most beautiful heart--I can already tell that you will be kind and compassionate. But you aren't necessarily "soft." You are determined and brave and tough...and cuddly and funny and delicate. You have become quite the goofball, and your laugh is infectious.

Barnes, my precious boy, you amaze me each day. The things that your brain makes up, the sentences that come out of your tiny mouth...you keep us laughing. You play hard all day every day. You truly never stop. You love dirt and water and anything that can be a bit messy--but then you immediately want to be cleaned. You have a slight obsession with "wet wipes." You give the best hugs and kisses, and you ask for one more about 20 times when mom or dad is leaving the house.

Little ones, I am so proud to be your mom....please remember that always. There is nothing that you could ever do to make me more proud or less proud--being your mom, just the way you are, is the greatest honor of my life. I can't wait to see where this next year takes you. I look forward to seeing you grow and change and learn. I pray that you will realize more and more how loved you are...by me, by your dad, by our whole family, and most importantly, by our God. I can't wait to continue to share your discovery of His creation over the coming years.

I love you more than you can possibly imagine.

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment